donderdag 21 januari 2010

First Class at Blijberg School


I’m very glad with my new group at the Blijberg Openbare Jenaplanbasisschool.
And because the classes there are in English, I will also write here, this time, in English.
Last week we had our first meeting and I asked the kids what was Yoga for them.
They all gave fantastic answers and after that I told them a few more things about it.
I explain that Yoga exist already for thousand years and comes from India.
I also said that Yoga is a word in a very old language called Sanskrit. A language that’s so old that almost nobody talks it anymore.
This word means ‘connection’, ‘link’. And that is what Yoga does to us. Connect our body, our mind and our heart trough the exercises.
They were all very curious to try it out and so we did.
I introduced them to some yoga poses using a beautiful book from Baron Batiste ‘My Daddy Is a Pretzel’.
I already talked about this book here in the blog.
If you want, click here to read more about it.
The kids enjoy it very much and so did I.
At the end I showed them how to say goodbye in the Yoga way and we leave each other looking forwards to our next class.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten